Features and functions of Encore music notation software. The musicians choice for composing and publishing.
- VSTi Host
- Toolbar now displays all tools
- Preroll click option
- New Score Wizard
- Over 30 Templates and unlimited user created template
- Transposed or “C” score option.
- Beginning measure number offset
- Preset Tab tunings option
- Added menu items
- Auto Spacing when dragging notes, barlines and systems
- Enhanced MIDI playback
- Garritan Personal Studio ready
- Simplified Accidentals option
- More shortcuts
- MusicXML import and export
- Full DLS and Soundfont support
- Handwritten Music Style option
- Bonus – Many works by J.S. Bach formatted in Encore, ready to use
- Insert MIDI data for dynamics, controller data, and tempos.
- Customizable Toolbar for quick access to frequently used commands.
- Zoom in and out for precise control.
- Expressions palette allows you to save your own expressions in any font, size, or style.
- Guitar tablature symbols palette contains all the markings and symbols needed for notating tab.
- Slur a group of notes automatically or draw slurs with the pencil tool.
- Place objects anywhere on the page by clicking the mouse.
- Select regions, pages, staves, systems, or the entire score for editing.
- Transposition automatically affects chord symbols and fret diagrams.
- Key commands to change note durations, sharps, flats, naturals, enharmonics, and MIDI velocity.
- Transpose, change key signatures, meters, and clefs at any time.
- Display and play back nested repeat structures, including variable bar lines and multiple endings.
- Easily cut, copy, paste, clear, insert, delete, or undo notes or sections of music.
- Symbols include: notes, rests, accidentals, slurs, ties, grace notes, cue notes, tuplets, accents, marks, ornaments, ottava, and dynamics marks.
- Adjust the height and angle of beams and create Beam Groups.
- Justify spacing for both accidental collisions and proper timing alignment.
- Split notes from one staff onto two staves, either by pitch or voice.
- Select from eight note-head types, including Gregorian and percussion.
- Automatically extract parts with control over lyrics and markings.
- Enter text or lyrics anywhere on the page in any font, size, or style, including dashes and melisma.
Composition and Transcription Features
- Notate scores as large as 64 staves per system with up to eight voices per staff.
- Cross-staff beaming extends beams across staves for multi-staff instruments.
- Guitar tablature automatically notates tablature for up to 8 strings in any tuning with definable fret position.
- Percussion staff notates rhythms with multiple note heads and assignable staff position.
- Note duration and multiple voices are automatically “guessed” and then beamed appropriately.
- Auto spacing automatically spaces notes for easy reading.
- Additional symbols for rhythm-part chord slashes, arpeggio sign and fingering numbers.
- Insert or delete measures, pages, systems or staves anytime, anywhere in the composition.
- Transcribes Master Tracks Pro, Standard MIDI and Music XML.
- Directly transcribes live input from MIDI instruments and MIDI sofware in real time.
- Linear view allows an entire score to be viewed as one system.
- Add guitar chord fret diagrams and chord names to your scores and lead sheets.
- Easily add a pickup measure to your score.
MIDI Performance Features
- Plays back MIDI interpretations of dynamics, hairpins, repeats, endings, and articulations.
- Sustain pedal markings affect MIDI.
- Swing quantization gives music a swing feel.
- Tempo indications can affect playback.
- Assign up to 8 separate voices on each staff for playback over different MIDI channels.
- Align the playback to match the current graphic appearance of your music.
- Encore recognizes and generates MIDI Song Position Pointer and MIDI Clocks for syncing.
- Select any MIDI device
- Hear notes play over MIDI as you enter them with the mouse.
- MIDI Panic Button sends an “all notes off” message at any time.
- Mac and Windows version share same format, files are transferable between platforms.
- Windows Soundcard compatible
- Supports Industry Standard MIDI and MusicXML Files.
Page Layout and Printing Features
- Choose between engraver’s spacing and mathematically perfect alignment of notes.
- Measures of rest can be compressed into one measure.
- User can define global spacing defaults of staves, clefs, lyrics, chords, key, and meter.
- Reminder time signatures can be displayed or hidden.
- Use any font in your system for text, lyrics, chords, staff names, and measure numbers.
- Place headers and footers on each page.
- Print an entire score, individual pages, or extracted parts.